In this neighbourhood you can discover the
heart of the Marais with its numerous very pleasant restaurants, and of
course the Place des Vosges, the most beautiful of Paris. In the north
of the arrondissement you can also find the Pompidou centre, located at
heart of the very pleasant Beaubourg neighbourhood.
The most interesting of the neighbourhoods of the 4th arrondissement is undoubtedly Beaubourg, with the Pompidou Centre, which is the multidisciplinary cultural centre of Paris, bringing together the Musée National d'Art Moderne, the Bibliothèque Publique d'Information, the Atelier Brancusi, the Galerie Sud with its temporary exhibitions, the Atelier des Enfants and many other spaces for shows and events.
(boboor´) , popular name for the Georges
Pompidou National Center for Art and Culture , museum in Paris, France;
the popular name is derived from the district in which it is located.
Proposed by French president Georges Pompidou in 1969, the center was
architects Renzo Piano of Italy and Richard Rogers of England along
the Danish engineering firm of Ove Arup and was opened in 1977. Its
style, with bold architectural elements such as its steel
clear plastic escalator tunnels, and brightly colored elevators and
pipes exposed on the outside of the building, generated furious
during its construction and for some years thereafter. Like the Eiffel
, which precipitated a critical storm in its own time, the Beaubourg
become a tourist attraction and a popular Parisian landmark. Now
much of the authority of a 20th-century Louvre , the six-story building
contains a modern art museum, a public library, and music and
design centers. By the early 1990s rust and peeling paint on the
exterior made restoration necessary. Begun in 1995 and completed in
the renovation included an updated library, basement theaters, a
and other expanded facilities.
- Location : Heart of Paris, 10mn walking
from NOTRE-DAME, la Sorbonne, Left Bank, la seine, les Halles, Place
- Adress : 3-5, rue Bernard de Clairvaux.
- Metro station : RAMBUTEAU
- Located in a prestigious Residence securited, with permanent Doorman, 4th floor with elevator.
- Surface : 30m2. A principal room with bed, sofa-bed, table/chairs.
- Very sunny, clear and quiet. Through the window, beautiful view on a the old parisian homes.
- Kitchen fully furnished, microwave, toaster, coffe machine, washer-dryer machine, refrigerator, etc.
- Queen size double bed + double sofa-bed
- TV, phone, CD-radio.
- Luxurious decoration.
- Linen and towels included.
700 Euros/week - 2100 Euros/month ALL INCLUSIVE