Cinémathèque Française, 51, rue de Bercy, 01-71-19-33-33 .
September 28, 2005, the French Cinematheque found its smile
again. Having given up its historical address of the Palais de
Chaillot, now installed here to the 51, street of Bercy, in the
building signed Frank Gehry (architect of the Guggenheim Museum in
Bilbao) which sheltered American Center lately, building completely
restructured to accommodate the new sanctuary of the cinema.
Created by Henri Langlois in 1936, this private museum primarily
sponsored by the state is a tool of cultural defense of the French
cinema. The 14.000 current square meters shelter 4 movie theaters
in which the great classic are regularly projected through cycles and
commemorative integrals. A library of Film (BIFI) houses
of posters and books devoted to the 7th art. The most spectacular
richness of the Cinematheque remains its permanent exhibition which
presents mythical objects in the mind of the
film lovers : A reproduction of the robot of Metropolis, Skin
of donkey of Catherine Deneuve, a mummified head of the film
Psychosis, the superb dress of Vivien Leigh for Gone With The Wind.