Place des Ternes - Metro : Ternes.
This small place is ritually inhabited
by some merchants of flowers sheltered in green cottages, identical to
those installed, in greater number, Place of the Madeleine.
Located at the border of 8th and the 17th district, it is a point of
obliged passage for which moves towards Etoile while coming from the
north of Paris. The origin of its name comes from the Middle Age, a
long time ago when the bishop of Paris maintained towards the Faubourg
du Roule a countryside farm of baptized Villa Externa, since it was
apart from his Parisian district. Town Paris was reduced then to some
central arrondissements central. This farm was transformed into castle
by Pierre Habert, a manservant of Henri III. Externa became Estern then
Ternes. The revolution allotted this hamlet of the Terns to the village
neighbor of Neuilly. Great renovation of Paris, which generated
the new ones and last arrondissements, recovered this village which
counted, in 1860, 16.000 people. Today, the district is extremely
alive. Commercially, large stores gathered very close of the place:
Decathlon, Fnac, Darty among other like several large brands the
mode and the textile, which offers a panorama of complete purchase to
Parisian which does not have huge shopping center such as one
finds them in suburbs. The Avenue of Wagram goes up directly to the
Arc-of-Triumph. In the East, the street of the Faubourg Saint
Honoré finishes in beauty with the Salle Pleyel and its first
lines of antique dealers.