Petit Trianon at Versailles - Renovation by Breguet

After a year of work, the Petit Trianon at Versailles will open its doors on October 2. A date any symbolic, since it is three days near the anniversary of the departure of Marie-Antoinette in 1789: "When the mob arrived at the gate, the queen walks, a valet tell him that he must return , Then leave ", said the chief architect of historic monuments. "We wanted to stop the story at that time, as if we said to Visits: the queen is not there, take it. "For the first time, all the interior of the building, garden and the French Pavilion is accessible. It was possible so far to visit the apartments of the Queen, the "noble floor", as well as some parts of the floor of the King, by appointment.  With the help of a patron, Breguet watches - already watchmaker of the court, and supplier of Marie-Antoinette - the Petit Trianon, the French Pavilion located a few meters, were completely covered. The scenery, paint or wallpaper has been restored, the refurbished apartments with original furniture. The staircase and wrought iron ramp have been refurbished. "This building very innovative at the time, was inhabited only by women. Originally built by Louis XV to Ms. de Pompadour - which died before they could accommodate - the Petit Trianon was initially welcomed Ms du Barry. After Marie-Antoinette, it is emptied, then set location. Napoleon will house his sister Pauline Borghese, then the Empress Marie-Louise. The Duchess of Orleans install it in 1836. But Marie-Antoinette remains the emblematic figure of this place, it has its private pension, far from the noise of the court.  At ground floor, now as it was at the end of the Ancien Regime, is the guard room, billiard room, a réchauffoir with his furnace room and called silverware, where you can see two sets of manufacture de Sevres, including that "in pearls and barbels," commissioned by Marie-Antoinette in 1781.  In the upper levels, it was the room of the queen and a small cabinet "moving ice" - to hide the windows to create privacy - that attract the eye. The work has helped to rebuild in the same library the queen, marked with a PT (Petit Trianon). Over time, Versailles has tried to find antique furniture, sold or disappeared during the Revolution, to the Trianon space "inhabited". The restoration of many small bathrooms reinforces this impression. They are artisans whose French-Carrère Mériguet Workshop for paints, Aubert LABANSAT for prosecutors, Garnier for the bronzes and locks who worked on revival of small palace. The original colors or copies of vintage wallpaper have been processed from shreds discovered during the work. The apartments of the queen and decorations are full of flowers and fruit, recalling the gardens. The windows of origin, with large tiles have been restored.  In the attic, along with pieces of Louis XIV - who has been there ever stayed - we can now see the chambers of Ms. Royal, the Empress Marie-Louise or the boudoir of the Duchess of Orleans . A room is reserved for "the little museum" of the Empress Eugenie. Most of the exhibits did not in fact belonged to the Queen. But we must Empress Eugenie to have started a craze for the queen martyrdom, which since has not stopped.

event of the month in ParisInternet cable unlimited high speed connection mapMap of the Metro- Parisian SubwayWeather and Temperature in Paris10 excellent reasons to discover le Marais in your lifeguide of saint-germain des presGetting to paris from the aiport roissy charles de gaulle