Study and works Permits in Paris

EU citizens have the right to work and study in France without a visa. Other wishing to study in France for more than three months must apply for a student visa (47US$) and will need proof of admission to a French university, proof of financial independence, proof of residence (a gas or electric bill or a letter from your landlord), a medical certificate issued by a doctor approved by the French consulate, and proof of medical insurance. Foreigners studying in france must apply for a residence permit within two months of their arrival. Non-EU citizens wishing to work in france must have a firm offer of employment before applying for a long-stay visa 593US$), your employer should send you an official work contract, which must be presented upon arrival in france. Non-EU citizens must also apply to the prefecture of police for a residence permit within eight days of arrival. International students looking for part-time work (up to 20 hours per week) can apply for provisional work authorization, upon completing their first academic year in a french university. For au pair, scientific researchers, and teaching assistants, special rules apply. Check with your local consulate.

Studying in Paris

French Universities
American programs
Language schools

event of the month in ParisInternet cable unlimited high speed connection mapMap of the Metro- Parisian SubwayWeather and Temperature in Paris10 excellent reasons to discover le Marais in your lifeguide of saint-germain des presGetting to paris from the aiport roissy charles de gaulle