The Tuileries

Metro : Tuileries or Concorde

tuileries gardens
       Stretching from the Louvre to the Place de la Concorde, the Tuileries gardens (Jardins des Tuileries) have long been popular with bourgeois parisian families taking their Sunday promenade, though nowadays, the chairs placed around the water-features are often occupied by tourists resting after a tour of the Louvre or one of the smaller galleries in the gardens, the Jeu de Paume and Orangerie.
            Named after the medieval warren of tilemakers that once occupied the site, the Tuileries gradens are all that survive of the palace and grounds commissioned by Catherine de Medicis in the mid-sixteenth century. The palace was burnt down during the Paris Commune in 1871. Catherine took great interest in her garden and had a maze, a chequerboard of flowerbeds and formal vegetable gardens laid out, to be admired by guests at her sumptuous parties. A hundred years later, le Notre, who landscaped the grounds of Versailles, created  the current schema of the gardens, installing a central axis, terrasses, and round and octagonal pools. Later, sculptures were brought here from Versailles and Marly, included Coysevox's rearing horses Fama and Mercury. The originals are now housed in the Richelieu wing of the Louvre and have been replaced by copies.
       During the eighteenth century, fashionable parisians came to the gardens to preen and party, and in 1783, the Montgolfier brothers, Josephine and Etienne, launched the first successful hot-air balloon here. The first serious replanting was carried out after the revolution, and in the ninetieth century, rare species were added to the garden, by this time dominated by chestnut trees. Unfortunately, the December 1999 storms which ravaged northern France, stripped the Tuileries gardens of some of its oldest trees : the centennial chestnuts around the two central oval ponds are now the most senior. Le Notre's original design, however, remains little changed. In recent years, some modern sculptures have been placed around the gardens, mostly works by Giacometti, Ernst, Moore, Raymond Mason and a couple of colorful Solférino footbridge, which was opened in 1999 and links the Tuileries with Musée d'Orsay on the Left bank.

Trocadero and Palais de Chaillot history
Les Champs-Elysées
La Place de la Concorde
L'Opéra Garnier
Père-Lachaise Cemetery
Musée d'Orsay
Musée du Louvre
Ile St-Louis
Passages and Galeries
La Madeleine
Place Vendome

event of the month in Paris Internet cable unlimited high speed connection mapMap of the Metro- Parisian SubwayWeather and Temperature in Paris10 excellent reasons to discover le Marais in your lifeguide of saint-germain des presGetting to paris from the aiport roissy charles de gaulle

Absolutely not the same place than Studio Marais , rue du Bourg-Tibourg,
Completely the other side of Paris from Studio Sicile , rue du Roi de Sicile.